Sunday 19 August 2012

FINDING MY SECOND JOB (Singapore)

I'm gone in the blogsphere for a long time and I'm trying to catch up with everything that I've missed. Yes! I found my second job here in Singapore and my life is now becoming boring as to what it used to be. haha! Now, I have weekends and holidays and I can kill the time by just lying in my bed for the whole day. I'm only kidding. I'm into different activities now and I hope it will just keep goin'.

Okay! Let's go back to my topic on what I did in order to find my second job here in Singapore. Well, if you really want something you must do everything for it. My first job here was a tough one. I did not have time for myself and either a time for job hunting online. So, I had my resources worked for me. I asked my friend in the Philippines to apply for me online in return for some bonus for her. I received several calls for interview but I only selected those companies that I was interested. To make the story short, I was accepted. Yehey! Clap! Clap!

But as a foreigner here in Singapore, even if you were accepted by a company, it's not yet guaranteed that you're eligible to work here. Why? It's because your employment pass should be approved first by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). In other words, they have the last say in your employment.

So, the best plan was not to resign after I was accepted by my company. I was still with my first company when my second company processed my employment pass here in Singapore. It took only one (1) week of waiting, and my pass was approved. I resigned from my previous company and was ready to start a new.
 
For you guys out there. Always remember that everything is uncertain, you should have a plan B.
Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment