Tuesday 9 August 2011

ALL ABOUT YISHUN (Singapore)


It's a mixed emotions when I arrived Singapore. I wanted to cry (I really cried. haha!) because I missed home but then my heart was overflowing with gratitude. For some reasons, that I found some opportunities for myself.
My first stop, was Yishun at the northern part of SG. Oh! The place of my friends which they called it HDB, was only 5 to 8 minutes walk to MRT! It was 1 o'clock n the morning when we decided to have some dinner or midnight snacks. Oh my! It was also my first meal in SG! I welcomed myself to the world of the famous Chicken Rice (I'll do some future post on this.)

On the next day, I transferred to the place I rented at Block 660, Avenue 4. I paid SG$15 per day only for a bedspace. Uuurgh! But it's okay. I was with other Filipinos, somehow it felt like I was also home.  I can go to MRT or go shopping for just a 10-min-walk.

This was the view from the HDB flat that I rented. 11th floor view - straight from my room




This way to block 660. :)


For me Yishun is like the rural part of SG, but it's nice. It was like I was in my hometown in Iloilo, Philippines only plus the mall, MRT and the hospital. My place was also just 3min walk to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.

MRT, Bus Interchange, Golden Village cineplexes and Northpoint Shopping Center are just interconnected. No hussle for your everyday needs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment